Ontario Full-Time Post-Secondary Engineering Technology or Applied Science Students
If you are currently registered in a post-secondary engineering technology and applied science programs or the equivalent you can purchase the PPE study materials package and write the exam prior to graduation at a reduced fee.
To register for the PPE as a student, follow these easy steps:
1. Become a student member of OACETT by purchasing a student membership. NOTE: You will need your OACETT membership number before you write your exam.
2. Purchase the Full-time Post Secondary Student PPE Package (see below for the description, cost and purchase procedure).
3. When you purchase the PPE package you will receive an Exam Access Code (EAC). Put this somewhere safe. DO NOT LOSE IT. You will need this code to write the exam.
4. If will be writing the PPE at your college, make sure you select your college location in the drop down menu when you purchase the package. If you will be writing the PPE independently, select the online proctor location.
5. Print and/or download the eBook study materials.
6. Study the eBook material for over a 2 to 3 month period, depending on your study habits and schedule. If you are covering the eBook material in a college course, follow the syllabus from the professor.
7. If you are writing the PPE at your college, your professor will give you the exam date and time.
8. If you are writing the PPE with the online proctor, register with the online proctor when you feel you are ready to write the exam.
- You need to schedule the exam a minimum 24 hours in advance.
- Remember you have contracted with a live proctor to be available for you to write the exam at a specific date and time. If you miss this date and time postponement fees may apply.
- Read the Instructions for Writing an Online Exam with a Proctor.
- Test your technology prior to the date and time of your exam (get support if needed) or when you receive your confirmation email.
9. When your exam day and time arrives, have your Exam Access Code (EAC) with you. If you have misplaced your EAC, click here to retrieve.
Important Note: If you purchased an exam package prior to June 13, 2016 you will be prompted to get an Exam Access Code when logging in for the exam. You will need your OACETT membership number for this prompt.
Registration Purchase Options
1. Full-time Post Secondary Student PPE Package: With this purchase you will have access to the PPE study materials in a printable, downloadable eBook format for six (6) months plus one complete exam session.
Fee: $80.00 + $4.99 HST = $84.99
2. Full-time Post Secondary Student PPE eBook: With this purchase you will have access to the study materials in a printable, downloadable eBook format for six (6) months.
Fee: $75.21 + $9.78 HST = $84.99
3. Full-time Post-Secondary Student PPE Rewrite: This purchase is for those who have failed one or more sections of the PPE. This purchase is for one exam session only. When you register below you will be asked to indicate which section or sections you need to rewrite. This purchase option does not include the study materials (eBook) for the exam. Make sure that you print or download the eBook prior to the expiry date of your original PPE purchase.
Fee: $80.00 + $00.00 HST = $80.00
4. Full-time Post Secondary Student PPE Extension: With this purchase you will receive a six (6) month extension to write the exam that you originally registered for. This purchase is for those who did not have time to write the exam they purchased within the original six (6) month timeframe. This purchase option does not include the study materials (eBook) for the exam. Make sure that you print or download the eBook prior to the expiry date of your original PPE purchase.
Fee: $80.00 + $10.40 HST = $90.40
5. PPE Online Seminar (optional): The online seminar provides you with a guided approach to studying for the PPE. It includes voiced over PowerPoint presentations on each chapter of the eBook, quizzes for each module and a complete sample practice exam. You will have access to the seminar for six (6) months.
Fee: $150.00 + $19.50 HST = $169.50