New comprehensive compensation analysis of engineering technology professionals in Ontario
Every two years OACETT polls our members and their employers to get key information about salaries, working conditions and other benefits for today's engineering technicians and technologists.
This year's survey generated an impressive response rate, with more than 3,400 industry professionals representing a variety of disciplines submitting their information. Environics Research Group tabulated the data and prepared a comprehensive report featuring detailed compensation findings sorted by region, sector and tenure among other variables.
Information you will find in OACETT's Salary Survey 2016 includes:
- Annual base salary and overall compensation for engineering technicians and technologists (including Certified Engineering Technologists and Certified Technicians).
- A breakdown of types of compensation received (including base salary, commission, consulting fees, performance bonuses, profit-sharing, part-time work and overtime pay).
- Aggregate compensation averages by industry, region, certification, tenure and gender.
- Average working hours and job satisfaction levels.
- Employment horizon, continuing professional development activities, employer support for certification and association involvement, and more.
Many employers use this survey to guide their compensation practices. For members and employers, it's a key source of industry information and a valuable tool in salary negotiations.
OACETT’s 2016 Salary Survey is available at no cost to all OACETT members and can be downloaded by clicking here. You will be required to log in if you are not already.
The Surveys are available to non-members for $375 plus applicable taxes. To order the surveys, download the order form and return to Emily Sinkins by fax at 416-621-8694 or email at email@example.com.